Catholic Family Services of Toronto (CFST) is a non-profit, charitable organization whose mission is to deliver quality services that strengthen family life, and individual health and well-being. For 101 years, CFST has been helping individuals, couples, and families in the Toronto area, from all religious, cultural and ethnic backgrounds, to deal with a variety of life transitions and challenges, develop their full potential and move towards a more positive future.
CFST delivers high quality professional services and is committed to hiring staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds without discrimination because of race, ancestry, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Catholic Family Services of Toronto delivers high quality professional services and is committed to hiring staff and volunteers from diverse backgrounds without discrimination because of race, ancestry, colour, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Catholic Family Services of Toronto is currently seeking to fill an eighteen months full-time Social Worker position covering a maternity leave and reporting to the Manager of Services and Programs. The position requires delivering wellness groups to the general public for improving mental and/or spiritual health and awareness. The incumbent is responsible for the day-to-day management of the delivery of the programs and carry a clinical caseload of individual, couple and family counseling. The incumbent will be required to work two (2) evenings per week.
This is a collective bargaining unit position within OPSEU Local 594.
This is a hybrid position – a percentage of the work schedule is eligible to be completed remotely, at a home office.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing counseling services to individuals, couples and families;
- Sharing responsibility for the Quick-Access Counseling service;
- Sharing responsibility for the Family Life pre-marriage single session review service,
- Delivering wellness group programs;
- Promoting the wellness programs in the Catholic and broader communities;
- In cooperation with the Manager, evaluate each program’s effectiveness for the purpose of improving services;
- Managing a clinical caseload as per service, administrative and funding requirements;
- Maintaining confidential clinical records according to Agency standards and protocols;
- Forming and maintaining good working relationships with other professionals who may be involved with our clients;
- Managing administrative duties, including client statistical reporting systems as per funding requirements;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Eligibility for membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers, College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or College of Psychologists of Ontario is required;
- Master’s degree in Social Work or related sciences;
- Ability to work with clients who struggle with mental/spiritual health concerns;
- Knowledge and experience in clinical counseling including individual, couple and family therapy;
- Ability to conduct single-session counselling in the context of a Walk-In Counselling Clinic;
- Knowledge of group methodology, knowledge of systems and personal dynamics on violence against women, especially in intimate relationships;
- Knowledge of personality development, family life cycle, family systems, and learning theory;
- Ability to be sensitive to the needs of people from diverse cultural and racial backgrounds;
- Ability and willingness to work under the umbrella of values and social teachings of the Catholic Church;
- Ability to help clients access their faith and spirituality in the service of their goals;
- Fluency in a second language is an asset;
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Criminal Records check.
Annual Salary Range: $60,270.30 to $80,654.30 (2024 salary grid for SWIII)
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by January 12, 2024 or longer until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Catholic Family Services of Toronto. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.