Welcome to CFS
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act Training
Catholic Family Services of Toronto will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with clients or other third parties on their behalf. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Payroll Clerk
- Contract employees
- Volunteers and
- Students on placement
This training will be provided to staff upon hiring and to volunteers and students when they begin their service.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the client service standard
- Catholic Family Services of Toronto’s accessible client service plan.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use community service organizations such as Silent Voice or Canadian Hearing Society for Sign Language Interpreters, or other assistive devices such as IP Relay (telephone).